Junior Marques is out of the LFA 71 main event after an immigration issue has kept him entering the United Sates.
Jason “The Ass Kicking Machine” Jackson will still compete for the LFA Welterweight title in the main event of Friday nights event at the Coca-Cola Roxy in Atlanta, Georgia, now battling Hemerson “Toco” Souza. Souza was scheduled to participate in the co-main event against Jason Jackson’s teammate Demarques “Scrap Iron” Jackson. Demarques Jackson will now face Hugh “The Wolverine” Pulley in the co-main event. Pulley was scheduled to clash with Tyler Ray. Unbeaten Pedro Paulino is going to step up on short notice to make his LFA debut opposing Tyler Ray.
Jackson is a big show vet who’s fought on The Ultimate Fighter, Dana White’s Contender Series, and Bellator MMA; plus won titles in Victory FC & Titan FC. Jackson has a 77% finishing rate, with 4 knockout and 3 submissions. Souza is a Brazilian who’s fought exclusively in his home country. The 29-year-old has won his last 2 fights, a TKO of Davi Lucas da Silva & a decision over Wendell de Oliveira Marques. An Evolução Thai MMA product, “Toco” has 3 of his 5 finishes by knockout.
AXS TV Main Card
- Main Event- Vacant 170 Title: Jason Jackson (9-3) vs. Hemereson Souza (7-4)
- 170: Demarques Jackson (10-3) vs. Hugh Pulley (7-4)
- 135: Devante Sewell (7-3) vs. Ary Farias (7-2)
- 185: Tanner Saraceno (7-3) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (5-2)
- 170: Tyler Ray (4-1) vs. Pedro Paulino (7-0)
- 160: Robert Hale (6-4) vs. Zach Fears (10-4)
- 160: Yemi Oduwole (5-1) vs. Chris Brown (3-1)