The second night of Bellator MMA action at The Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut is Bellator 232. The main event is a big one, Rory “Red King” MacDonald faces Douglas “The Phenom” Lima in a rematch for the Bellator welterweight title; the bout is also the million-dollar finals of the Bellator welterweight grand prix.
The first fight came at Bellator 192 in January of 2018, where MacDonald won by unanimous decision. MacDonald made his way to the finals by having one score card go in his favor in a majority draw with Jon Fitch in the Quarterfinals. In the semifinals at Bellator 222 the Canadian won a unanimous decision over Neiman Gracie. Lima won his quarterfinal bout at Bellator 206, submitting Andrey Koreshkov in their trilogy bout, by rear naked choke. In his semifinal bout at Bellator 221, the former welterweight champion knocked out Michael Page with a leg kick to uppercut combination.
The co-main event has English knockout artist Paul “Semtex” Daley squaring off with Saad “The Assassin” Awad, whose replacing Sabah Homasi on a couple days’ notice. Daley comes in with 32 finishes all by knockout, while Awad has 17 stoppage victories with 10 knockouts & 7 submissions.
In the featured fight position former King of the Cage champion “Patchy” Mix tangles with Isaiah Chapman, a short notice replacement for Dominic Mazzotta.
• 170 Title Grand Prix Final: (Now Champ) Douglas Lima (32-7) def. Rory MacDonald (21-6-1) by (49-46, 50-45 x2) unanimous decision
• 175: Paul Daley (42-17-2) def. Saad Awad (23-13) by TKO (left hook & hammer fists) 1:30 R2
• 135: Patrick Mix (12-0) def. Isaiah Chapman (9-4) by submission (kneebar) 3:49 R1
• 160: Manny Muro (11-6) def. Nick Newell (16-3) by (29-28, 27-29, 29-28) split decision
• 160: Kevin Ferguson Jr. (3-2) def. Craig Campbell (3-4) by TKO (elbows & punches) 0:38 R1
• 170: Ryan Hardy Evans (1-1) def. Demetrios Plaza (1-1) by submission (rear naked choke) 3:03 R3
• 155: Lance Gibson Jr. (3-0) def. Dominic Jones (2-3) by KO (ground & pound from back mount) 1:58 R1
• 155: Devin Powell (10-4) def. Marcus Surin (6-2) by technical submission (mounted guillotine) 5:00 R2
• 125: John Lopez (12-4) def. Dancormier (9-9) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
• 135: Jornel Lugo (3-0) def. John Douma (4-2) by (30-26, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
• 125: Zarrukh Adasnev (3-1) def. Tevin Dyce (3-2) by TKO (punches) 1:39 R2