Houston, we have two-title fights in place for UFC 247.
After some speculation this week. Just before the weekend begins the UFC has announced Jon “Bones” Jones will defend the UFC light heavyweight championship against Dominick “The Devastator” Reyes in the main event of UFC 247.
UFC 247 will be February 8th at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX.
Jones reclaimed his UFC title in December of 2018, stopping Alexander Gustafsson by TKO in the third round. “Bones” had two successful title defenses in 2019. Defeating both Anthony Smith & Thiago Santos by decision. In all the JacksonWInk fighter has 11 successful title defenses for his career. Reyes is 6-0 inside the octagon with four of the wins by first round knockout. The champ has been dominate, but the challenger has the punchers chance of nine first round finishes, eight by knockout. “The Devastator” earned this opportunity off an ultra-impressive first round knockout of former middleweight champion Chris Weidman.
Current UFC 247 Card:
- Light Heavyweight Title: (champ) Jon Jones (25-1) vs. Dominick Reyes (12-0)
- Women’s Flyweight Title Bout: (champ) Valentina Shevchenko (18-3) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (13-2)
- Heavyweight Bout: Derrick Lewis (22-7) vs. Ilir Latifi (14-7)
- Light Heavyweight Bout: Ovince St. Perx (24-3) vs. Ryan Spann (17-5)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Andrea Lee (11-3) vs. Lauren Murphy (11-4)
- Featherweight Bout: Dan Ige (12-2) vs. Mirsad Bektic (13-2)
- Heavyweight Bout: Justin Tafa (3-1) vs. Juan Adams (5-2)