The UFC had said once they had one event they’d be back in business and the ball is rolling as the schedule for the summer continues to take shape including the Fight Night for June 20th having eight-contests become public knowledge.
The main event is expected to be a top ten heavyweight contest as number three ranked contender Curtis Blaydes meets number seven ranked Alexander Volkov. Blaydes is on a three-fight win streak. The last two wins have come by TKO. Volkov is coming off a decision win over Greg Hardy from this past November.
In a top ten featherweight bout number ten ranked contender Shane Burgos is expected to face number eight ranked Josh Emmett. Burgos is on a three-fight win streak, which includes a decision win over Cub Swanson. Emmett has won four of his last five fight with the last three wins by knockout.
In a meeting of top ten ranked flyweights’ number five ranked Roxanne Modafferi, who fought for the inaugural championship, battles number six ranked Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC champion. In a top ten bantamweight match-up former title challenger, number six ranked Raquel Pennington faces number ten ranked Marion Reneau. Briana Van Buren looks to break into the rankings, as she will take a four-fight win streak into meeting number 12 ranked strawweight contender Tecia Torres. Number 15 ranked Flyweight Cortney Casey makes a quick turnaround after submitting Mara Romero Bortella in Jacksonville, she will face Gillian Robertson, who has won two of her last three fights. Belal Muhammad looks to make it three straight wins when he faces former Bellator champion Lyman Good. In the light-heavyweight division Oskar Piechota faces Marc-Andre Barriault, the loser will be on a four-fight skid.
- Heavyweight Bout: Curtis Blaydes (13-2) vs. Alexander Volkov (31-7)
- Featherweight Bout: Josh Emmett (15-2) vs. Shane Burgos (13-1)
- Women’s Bantamweight Bout: Roxanne Modafferi (24-16) vs. Lauren Murphy (12-4)
- Women’s Bantamweight Bout: Raquel Pennington (10-8) vs. Marion Reneau (9-5-1)
- Women’s Strawweight Bout: Tecia Torres (10-5) vs. Brianna Van Buren (9-2)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Cortney Casey (9-7) vs. Gillian Robertson (7-4)
- Welterweight Bout: Belal Muhammad (16-3) vs. Lyman Good (21-5)
- Light-Heavyweight: Marc-Andre Barriault (11-4) vs. Oskar Piechota (11-3-1)