For the fourth week in a row Legacy Fighting Alliance is at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for LFA 87. The seven-fight card, streaming on UFC Fight Pass, is headlined by Bryce Logan & Jacob “Lil Badger” Rosales battling for the vacant LFA lightweight title.
Recap: Former professional Rugby player Zac Pauga put together a takedown filled performance, featuring slashing elbow, to get a decision win over Zac Cavender in his pro debut. Three years since his last fight and Gerald Scott showed no signs of ring rust. Letting his striking go in the first round and using a single leg to put Keith Phathaem on the ground in the second, punching till the ref jumped in. Regarded as a high potential for the fight of the night Kai Kamaka III vs. Michael Stack lived up to the expectations as the two exchanged bit punches and in the end a Kamaka take down looked to be the deciding factor in the third round. Joaquin Buckley avenged his 2016 loss to Jackie Gosh, unleashing his power punching putting Gosh down from a right hook. The co-main event saw Nick Browne control the striking and evade Ben Egli’s submission attempts unanimous decision. Under his home town lights, in the main event consistent movement of Bryce Logan forced Jacob Rosales into chasing. The Logan jab would paint Rosales’s face red – a possible broken nose; and occasional body kicks kept Rosales guessing. In a very cerebral effort Bryce Logan become LFA light champion by a unanimous decision victory.
- Lightweight Title Bout: Bryce Logan (12-4) def. Jacob Rosales (12-6) by (48-47 x3) unanimous decision
- Lightweight Bout: Nick Browne (10-1) def. Ben Egli (12-4) by (30-27, 29-28 x2) unanimous decision
- Middleweight Bout: Joaquin Buckley (10-2) def. Jackie Gosh (8-2) by TKO (punches) 1:57 R2
- Featherweight Bout: Kai Kamaka III (7-2) def. Michael Stack (4-1) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Lightweight Bout: Gerald Scott (4-0) def. Keith Phathaem (2-2-1) by TKO (ground & pound) 4:33 R2
- Light-heavyweight Bout: Zac Pauga (1-0) def. Zac Cavender (3-2) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Prelim- Welterweight Bout: Ryan Charlebois (2-0) def. Andrew Lipp (1-3) by KO (punch) 3:37 R1