The UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, host UFC Fight Night “Brunson vs. Shahbazyan” now a nine-fight card that was turned upside down in the last 36 hours.
The card has undergone several late changes. For undisclosed reasons Ray Borg had to withdraw from the card. Nathan Maness will now take on unbeaten Johnny Munoz. Visa issues have removed Timur Valiev, Jamall Emmers is now going to square off with Vince Cachero. A rough weight cut took out Eric Spicely. Markus Perez was then scheduled to face Charlie Ontiveros, but Ontiveros was disqualified after not getting cleared medically. And a positive Covid-19 test has taken out Gerald Meerschaert who was a short notice replacement to face Ed Herman.
In the main event number 8 ranked middleweight contender Derek Brunson, who’s won back to back decisions, against number nine ranked, unbeaten Edmen Shahbazyan, who’s 4-0 in the octagon. The entire card streams on ESPN+, prelims start at 7 p.m. ET, main card at 9 p.m. ET.
- Middleweight Bout: Derek Brunson (21-7) def. Edmen Shahbazyan (11-1) by TKO (ground & pound) 0:26 R3
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Jennifer Maia (18-6-1) def. Joanne Calderwood (14-5) by submission (armbar) 4:29 R1
- Welterweight Bout: Vicente Luque (19-7-1) def. Randy Brown (12-2) by KO (knee & punches) 4:56 R2
- Lightweight Bout: Bobby Green (26-10) def. Landon Vannata (11-5-2) by (30-26, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Middleweight Bout: Trevin Giles (12-2) vs. Kevin Holland (17-5) is Cancelled Trevin Giles fainted prior to walking to the octagon
- Bantamweight Bout: Jonathan Martinez (12-3) def. Frankie Saenz (12-7) by TKO (strikes) 0:57 R3
- Bantamweight Bout: Nathan Maness (12-1) def. Johnny Munoz (10-1) by (29-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Featherweight Bout: Jamall Emmers (18-5) def. Vince Cacherro (7-3) by (30-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Bout: Chris Gutierrez (15-3-2) vs. Cody Durden (11-2-1) by (28-28 x3) draw