The Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut hosts Bellator 249. The 11-fight card headlined by fight for the Bellator women’s featherweight championship.
In the main event Cris Cybrog defends her title for the first time against Arlene “Angerfist” Blencowe. Cyborg dethroned julia Budd by fourth round TKO at Bellator 238. The win was a historic one as Cyborg becoame the first female to have won title in four major promotions. Belncowe is in a position she’s dream of since starting MMA. The chance to fight Cyborg who’s been the most dominate female in MMA for the last decade. The Australian comes in having won six of her last seven MMA bouts, five by knockout, and is on a three fight win streak.
In the co-main event former LFA welterweight champion, Jaleel Willis makes his promoitonal debut against one of the most dangerous knockout artist in Bellator’s history, Patricky “Pitbull” Freire. The feature fight has former CFFC champion, Ricky Bandejas versus fromer LFA champion, Leandro Higo. Starting off the main card is Bellator staple Saad Awad versus Mandel Nallo, who has all his wins by stoppage.
Breaking news came down during the prelims that Patricky Freire has been deamed not medically cleared to compete tonight, canceling his fight against Jaleel Willis. Ricky Bandejas versus Leandro Higo will now serve as the co-main event. Shawn Teed versus Steve Mowry has been elevated from the prelims to the main card.
- Women’s Featherweight Title Bout: (champ) Cris Cyborg (23-2) def. Arlene Blencowe (13-8) by submission (rear naked choke) 2:36 R2
- Bantamweight Bout: Leandro Higo (20-5) def. Ricky Bandejas (13-5) by submission (rear naked choke) 2:32 R2
- Heavyweight Bout: Steve Mowry (8-0) def. Shawn Teed (6-3-1) by TKO (knee & punches on ground) 4:22 R1
- Lightweight Bout: Saad Awad (23-13-0, 1nc) vs. Mandel Nallo (7-1-0, 1nc) No Contest (Nallo keened Awad Low blwo) 1:44 R1
- Middleweight Bout: Andrew Kapel (16-7) def. Joseph Creer (7-2-1) by TKO (cut) 5:00 R2
- Welterweight Bout: Camron Lochinov (10-2) def. Kyle Crutchmer (6-1) by (29-28 x3) unaimous decision
- Light-Heavyweight Bout: Christian Edwards (4-0) def. Hamza Salim (5-4) by submission (rear naked choke) 1:28 R2
- Catchweight Bout 140 lbs.: Da’mon Blackshear (8-3) def. Mike Kimbel (3-3) by submission (rear naked choke) 4:14 R2
- Welterweight Bout: Aviv Gozali (4-0) def. Logan Neal (2-0) by submission (kimura) 3:22 R1
- Welterweight Bout: Albert Gonzales (2-2) def. Kastriot Xhema (3-5) by TKO (retirment) 5:00 R2