Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut hosts Bellator 250. The nine-fight card headlined by fight for the vacant Bellator middleweight championship.
Due to a rare health condition Rafael Lovato Jr. was forced to vacate the middleweight title. The Bellator 250 main event will see a new champion crowned. Lovat Jr. took the title from Gegard Mousasi by majority decision at Bellator 223. Mousasi got back in the win column at Bellator 228 defeating, former UFC champion, Lyoto Machida by split decision. While Lima comes in on a three-fight win streak having won the Bellator welterweight grand prix and the170 lb. championship for the third time.
The co-main event is in the featherweight division, Henry “OK” Corrales versus Brandon “The Spartan” Girtz. Corrales has 13 finishes, seven by knockout, & six by submission, while Gitz has 11 finishes, eight by submission.
Unfortunately two fights have been cancelled. Veta Arteaga vs. Desiree Yanez & Nick Newell vs. Zach Zane have been removed from the card.
- Vacant Middleweight Title Bout: Gegard Mousasi (47-7-2) def. Douglas Lima (32-8) by (48-47, 49-46 x2) unanimous decision
- Featherweight Bout: Henry Corrales (18-5) def. Brandon Girtz (16-10) by (30-27, 27-30, 30-27) split decision
- Middleweight Bout: Dalton Rosta (4-0) def. Ty Gwerder (5-2) by (30-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Heavyweight Bout: Jake Hager (3-0) def. Brandon Calton (3-1) by (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) split decision
- Welterweight Bout: Sabah Homasi (15-8) def. Bobby Voelker (33-14) by KO (flying knee) 0:20 R2
- Middleweight Bout: Johnny Eblen (7-0) def. Taylor Johnson (6-2) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Catchweight Bout: Adam Borics (16-1) def . Erick Sanchez (9-6) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Featherweight Bout: Cody Law (1-0) def. Orlando Ortega (0-1) by submission (Darce choke) 2:41 R1