Uncasville, Connecticut is where twenty competitors stepped on the scale for the Bellator 251 weigh-ins. The ten-fight card is headlined by Patriocio “Pitbull” Freire defending the Bellator featherwight title against Pedrp Carvalho in what is also a featherweight grand prix quarterfinal.
The main event has been given the green light as both champion & challenger came in under the featherweight limit.
Not everyone hit their intended marks. Keri Taylor-Melendez came in 0.2 lbs. over her strawweight bout against Emilee King. Brandon Phillips got on the scale 4.2 lbs. heavy for a scheduled featherweight bout with Gabriel Varga. Lucas Brennan came in 2 lbs. over the featherweight limit for a fight against Andrew Salas.
Bellator 252 takes place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Prelims stream on CBSSports.com & the Bellator Youtube page at 3:45 p.m. ET, main card on CBS Sports Network at 7 p.m. ET.
- Featherweight Bout Title (145 lbs. max): Patricio Freire (144.7) vs. Pedro Carvalho (144.5)
- Featherweight Bout (146 lbs. max): Daniel Weichel (143.8) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (145)
- Welterweight Bout (171 lbs. max): Yaroslav Amosov (170) vs. Logan Storley (170)
- Featherweight Bout (146 lbs. max): Aaron Pico (145.6) vs. John de Jesus (145)
- Welterweight Bout (171 lbs. max): Roman Faraldo (170.5) vs. Pat Casey (170.8)
- Lightweight Bout (156 lbs. max): Devin Powell (155.5) vs. Manny Muro (155.5)
- Bantamweight Bout (136 lbs. max): Jornel Lugo (135) vs. Schyler Sootho (145)
- Women’s Strawweight Bout (116 lbs. max): *Keri Taylor-Melendez (116.2) vs. Emilee King (115)
- Featherweight Bout (146 lbs. max): Gabriel Varga (145.8) vs. *Brandon Phillips (150)
- Featherweight Bout (146 lbs. max): *Lucas Brennan (148) vs. Andrew Salas (145)
- Welterweight Bout (171 lbs. max): Khonry Gracie (168.8) vs. Trevor Gudde (170)