The UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada hosts UFC Fight Night “Felder vs. Dos Anjos”. The nine-fight card is headlined by a lightweight contest between number seven ranked Paul “The Irish Dragon” Felder fights former champion Rafael Dos Anjos.
At the beginning of the week the promotion announced Islam Makachev had been sidelined by a staph infection. On five-days notice Paul Felder jumps from the broadcasters table to saving the card. The Philadelphia fighter has won two of his last three fights and ten wins by knockout. Dos Anjos returns to 155 lbs. afer a 4-4 run at 170, that saw the Brazilian face top five competition. RDA has 15 finishes, 10 by way of submission including his last win an arm triangle of Kevin Lee.
In the co-main event Abdul Razak Alhassan who has all ten of his wins by first round knockout faces Kalinn “Khaos” Williams who rides in on a seven fight win streak.
The has lost two fights, unfortunatley Eryk Anders has been hospitalized cancelling his fight with Antonio Arroyo. Louis Smolka has been deamed medically unfit to compete cancelling his fight against Jose Alberto Quinonez.
- Lightweight Bout: Rafael Dos Anjos (30-13) def. Paul Felder (17-6) by (47-48, 50-45, 50-45) split decision
- Welterweight Bout: Kalinn Williams (11-1) def. Abdul Razak Alhassan (10-3) by KO (straight right) 0:30 R1
- Women’s Strawweight Bout: Ashley Yoder (8-6) def. Miranda Granger (7-2) by (30-27, 29-27, 27-26) unanimious decision
- Catchweight 195 Bout: Sean Strickland (22-3) def. Brendan Allen (15-4) by TKO (punches) 1:32 R2
- Women’s Strawweight Bout: Cory McKenna (6-1) def. Kay Hansen (7-4) def. (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Women’s Strawweight Bout: Kanako Murata (12-1) def. Randa Markos (10-10-1) by (30-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Bout: Tony Gravely (20-6) def. Geraldo de Freitas (12-6) by (30-27, 28-29, 29-28) split decision
- Welterweight Bout: Alex Morono (18-6) def. Rhys Mckee (10-4-1) by (30-27 x3) unanimious decision
- Heavyweight Bout: Don’Tale Mayes (8-4) def. Roque Martinez (15-7-2) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision-