Originally scheduled for late November but as so many things were postponed by a positive Covid-19 test. The two top 10-heavyweights will battle in the headliner of the UFC’s February 20th UFC Fight Night.
Back in November it was Curtis Blaydes who tested positive. The number two ranked contender comes in on a four-fight win streak and as one of the most accurate takedown artists in UFC heavyweight history. His most recent win came in June as Blaydes grinded up Alexander Volkov for a unanimous decision win. Lewis is the number four ranked heavyweight contender on a three-fight win streak. In August, the Houston native picked up his record tying eleventh UFC win by knockout.
That’s not the only heavyweight news for the card. Former heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski will face streaking prospect Tom Aspinall. Both went 2-0 in 2020, Arlovski won two decisions while Aspinall had two first round knockouts. Also, Sergey Spivak against Jared Vanderaa, which was pulled from UFC 256 after Vanderaa tested positive for Covid-19, has been rebooked to this card.
Scheduled for the first time. In the featherweight division TUF 27 alum Mike “The Lone Wolf” Trizano welcomes Rafael “The Turn” Alves to the UFC. Alves earned hisUFC contract in August on the Contender Series.
Fight Night Fight Card
- Heavyweight Bout: Curtis Blaydes (14-2) vs. Derrick Lewis (24-7)
- Heavyweight Bout: Chris Daukaus (10-3) vs. Aleksei Oleinik (59-14-1)
- Heavyweight Bout: Andrei Arlovski (30-19) vs. Tom Aspinall (9-2)
- Featherweight Bout: Darrick Minner (25-11) vs. Charles Rosa (13-4)
- Lightweight Bout: Jai Herbert (10-2) vs. Drakkar Klose (11-2-1)
- Featherweight Bout: Danny Chavez (11-3) vs. Jared Gordon (16-4)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Shana Dobson (4-4) vs. Casey O’Neill (5-0)
- Featherweight Bout: Jamall Emmers (18-5) vs. Chas Skelly (18-3)
- Featherweight Bout: Mike Trizano (8-1) vs. Rafael Alves (19-9)
- Heavyweight Bout: Sergey Spivak (11-2) vs. Jared Vaderaa (11-4)