The UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, hosts UFC Fight Night “Blaydes vs. Lewis”.
The event was scheduled to be a 15-fight card. That was before before Rafael Alves missed weight by an abusrd 11.5 lbs. cancelling his fight with Pat Sabatini who took the fight on short notice and made weight. The card fell to 13-fights after Drakkar Klose versus Luis Pena was cancelled when a Klose cornermen tested positive for Covid-19. The failures on the scale continued as Ketlen Vieira missed weight by two lbs., Drako Rodriguez missed weight by 4.5 lbs, & Jared Gordon missed weight by 4 lbs.
The main event is a heavyweight title elminator. Number two ranked contender, Curtis “Razor” Blaydes against number five ranked contender, Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis. Blaydes is a powerful wrestler with the most landed takedowns in UFC history and is riding a four-fight win streak. Lewis is a slugger tied with five other at eleven for the most knockouts in UFC history. “The Balck Beast” has won his last three fights.
In one of the strangest sights I can recall after Chas Skelly entered the octagon it was announced that Jamall Emmers wasn’t medically cleared to compete.
- Heavyweight Bout: Derrick Lewis (25-7) def. Curtis Blaydes (14-3) by KO (right uppercut) 1:26 R2
- Women’s Bantamweight Bout: Yana Kunitskaya (14-5) def. Ketlen Vieira (11-2) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Featherweight Bout: Darrick Minner (26-11) def. Charles Rosa (13-5) by (30-26, 30-27, 29-27) unanimous decision
- Heavyweight Bout: Chris Daukaus (11-3) def, Alexey Oleinik (59-15-1) by TKO (knees & punches) 1:55 R1
- Middleweight Bout: Phil Hawes (10-2) def. Nassourdine Imavov (9-3) by (29-28, 28-28, 29-28) majority decision
- Heavyweight Bout: Tom Aspinall (10-2) def. Andrei Arlovski (30-20) by submission (rea naked choke) 1:09 R2
- Featherweight Bout: Jared Gordon (17-4) def. Danny Chavez (11-4) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Bout: John Castaneda (18-5) def. Eddie Wineland (24-15-1) by TKO (punches) 4:44 R1
- Featherweight Bout: Julian Erosa (25-8) def. Nate Landwehr (14-4) TKO (knee & punches) 0:56 R1
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Casey O’Neill (6-0) def. Shana Dobson (4-5) by TKO (ground & pound from mount) 3:41 R2
- Bantamweight Bout: Aiemann Zahabi (8-2) def. Drako Rodriguez (7-2) by KO (right cross) 3:05 R1
- Heavyweight Bout: Sergey Spivak (11-2) vs. Jared Vanderaa (11-4) by TKO (ground & pound) 4:32 R2