The newest and 15th bout announced for UFC 262 will see “Groovy” Landon Vannata against Mike Grundy.
The fight has been scheduled for featherweight and will be Vannata’s first time competing in the weight-class. Vannata has alternated wins and losses over his last four-fights submitting Marcos Mariano and defeating Yancy Medeiros by decision, while losing decisions to Marc Diakiese & Bobby Greeen. The 29-year-old is a phenomenal who owns a wheel kick knockout win over John Makdessi.
Grundy won his UFC debut in March of 2019 scoring a second round TKO of Nad Narimani. After having two fights fall through in 2020, Grundy went 15 minutes with Movsar Evloev ending a nine-fight win streak. Grundy had hoped to start his year sooner but was forced to withdraw from a January bout against Nik Lentz.
UFC 262 is May 15th at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
- Vacant Lightweight Title Bout: Michael Chandler (22-5) vs. Charles Oliveira (30-8)
- Welterweight Bout: Nate Diaz (20-12) vs. Leon Edwards (18-3)
- Lightweight Bout: Tony Ferguson (25-5) vs. Beneil Dariush (20-4-1)
- Featherweight Bout: Edson Barboza (21-9) vs. Shane Burgos (13-2)
- Middleweight Bout: Jack Hermansson (21-6) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (11-1)
- Middleweight Bout; Ronaldo Souza (26-9) vs. Andre Muniz (20-4)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Katlyn Chookagian (15-4) vs. Viviane Araujo (10-2)
- Flyweight Bout: Matt Schnell (15-5) vs. Alex Perez (24-6)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Andrea Lee (11-5) vs. Antonina Shevchenko (9-2)
- Featherweight Bout: Lando Vannata (11-5-2) vs. Mike Grundy (12-2)
- Lightweight Bout: Rafael Alves (19-9) vs. Damir Ismagulov (19-1)
- Lightweight Bout: Joel Alvarez (18-2) vs. Christos Giagos (18-8)
- Middleweight Bout: Jordan Wright (11-1) vs. Jamie Pickett (11-5)
- Featherweight Bout: Kevin Aguilar (17-4) vs. Tucker Lutz (11-1)
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Gina Mazany (7-4) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (9-3)