The Fight Sphere inside the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut host Bellator 258. The 11-fight card is headlined by Sergio “The Phenom” Pettis challenging Juan “The Spaniard” Archuleta for the Bellator bantamweight championship.
Juan Archuleta makes his first defense of the title he won by unanimous decision over Patchy Mix in the main event of Bellator 246. The champ has five of his seven wins in the Bellator cage from the judges cards. Sergio Pettis is a UFC vet, who’s 2-0 in Bellator. At Bellator 238 Pettis submitted Alfred Khashakyan by guillotine choke. And followed up the performance by beating Ricky Bandejas by unanimous decision.
The co-main event is the final Bellator light-heavyweight grand prix quarterfinal as Anthony “Rumble” Johnson faces Jose Augusto who’s replacing Yoel Romero. Johnson makes his Bellator debut returning to action from a four-year retirement. Augusto comes in on a five fight win streak after winning his Bellator debut submitting Jonathan Wilson at Bellator 255.
Main card (Showtime – 9 p.m. ET)
- Bantamweight Title Bout: (New Champ) Sergio Pettis (21-5) def. Juan Archuleta (25-3) by (50-45, 49-46 x2) unanimous decision
- Light Heavyweight Grand Prix quarterfinal Bout: Anthony Johnson (23-6) def. Jose Augusto (7-3) by KO (overhand right) 1:30 R2
- Lightweight Bout: Peter Queally (12-5-1) def. Patricky Freire (23-10) by TKO (Dr. Stoppage/Cut) 0:01 R2
- 175 lbs. Catchweight Bout: Michael Page (19-1) def. Derek Anderson (17-4) by TKO (Dr. Stoppage/Broken Nose) 5:00 R1
Preliminary card (YouTube – 5:30 p.m. ET)
- Bantamweight Bout: Raufeon Stots (21-3) def. Josh Hill (15-2) by (30-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Middleweight Bout: Lorenz Larkin (23-7) def. Rafael Carvalho (16-6) by (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) split decision
- Bantamweight Bout: Patchy Mix (14-1) def. Albert Morales (10-7-1) by submission (arm-triangle choke) 2:40 R3
- Middleweight Bout: Johnny Eblen (8-0) def. Daniel Madrid (18-7) by KO (ground & pound) 2:44 R1
- Bantamweight Bout: Johnny Campbell (21-13) def. Henry Corrales (18-6) by submission (rear naked choke) 4:13 R2
- Featherweight Bout: Johnny Soto (5-1) def. Weber Almeida (4-1) by (29-27, 29-28 x2) unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Bout: Erik Perez (20-8) def. Blaine Shutt (8-5) by (30-26, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision