The Visalia Convention Center in California hosts LFA 117. The 9-fight card is headlined by a bantamweight showdown pitting Brazilian Prospect Ricardo Dias against Japanese UFC vet Michinor Tanaka.
Dias has won six of his last seven fights, his current three-fight win streak includes a split decision win over Desmond Torres at LFA 89 & a knockout by knee of George Garcia at LFA 107. Tanaka has fought twice since his time with the UFC winning both bouts. The first win came by submitting Rogerio Bontorin, who currently occupies a spot on the UFC roster and the second was a decision over Vladimir Leontyev in Pancrase.
LFA 117 Main Card
- Bantamweight Bout: Michinori Tanaka (14-3) def. Ricardo Dias (10-5) by (30-27 x3) unanimous decision
- Flyweight Bout: Yuma Horiuchi (9-4) def. Mark Climaco (6-1) by TKO (punches) 1:52 R1
- Catchweight 160 lb. Bout: Batsumberel Dagvadorj (8-2) def. Emilio Williams (5-4) by TKO (ground strikes) 2:19 R1
- Featherweight Bout: Hyder Amil (5-0) def. Robson Junior (3-2) by TKO (punches) 3:26 R2
- Catchweight 175 lb. Bout: Jeffery Craig (1-0) def. Christian Avalos (1-1) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Catchweight 175 lb. Bout: Albert Gonzales (3-3) def. Dominic Sumner (1-4) by TKO (strikes) 0:39 R1
- Catchweight 130 lb Bout: Liovardo Garfias def. Marcelino Silva by submission (keylock) 1:37 R1
- Lightweight Bout: Scott Hokit def. Raul Mendoza by (29-28,30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Welterweight Bout: Ramon Juarez def. Xavier Chavez by (29-27 x3) unanimous decision