It’s being widely reported that the second meeting between former world champion Holly “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holm & former title challenger Raquel “Rocky” Pennington is the latest addition to UFC 243.
UFC 243 is October 5th at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.
The future of the former Boxing & MMA world champion, Holly Holm was called into question following a knockout loss at UFC 239 to Amanda Nunes. This announcement shows that Holm’s competitive fire is this burning.
The location is a special one for the Albuquerque native, because it’s where she landed the kick heard around the world. The head kick that won the UFC women’s Bantamweight title at UFC 193.
The first fight between Holm & Pennington was at UFC 184, a bout that Holm won by split decision. “Rocky” rebounded by winning 4 fights in a row, including submitting Jessica Andrade at UFC 191.
The win streak earned Pennington a title shot. The Colorado native wouldn’t win the belt and would drop her next bout to Germaine De Randamie. The TUF 18 alumni climbed back into the win column in July, defeating Irene Aldana by split decision.
- Middleweight Title: (champ) Robert Whittaker (20-4) vs. (interim champ) Israel Adesanya (17-0)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Holly Holm (12-5) vs. Raquel Pennington (10-7)
- Women’s Flyweight: Nadia Kassem (5-1) vs. Ji Yeon Kim (8-2-2)
- Welterweight: Luke Jumeau (13-4) vs. Dhiego Lima (14-7)
- Heavyweight: Yorgan De Castro (5-0) vs. Justin Tafa (3-0)
- Heavyweight: Sergey Spivak (9-1) vs. Tai Tuivasa (10-2)
- Women’s Featherweight: Megan Anderson (8-4) vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos (6-2)