Honda Center in Anaheim, California hosts UFC 241 featuring the UFC Heavyweight championship of the world is on the line in the main event.
Daniel Cormier defends the UFC Heavyweight title against the man he dethroned, Stipe Miocic, who successfully defended the belt a record setting three times. Cormier as a replacement won the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in 2011. The former Olympic wrestling team captain won the vacant UFC Light Heavyweight championship at UFC 187 and defended the belt 4 times before vacating it. Since winning the UFC Heavyweight title “DC” defended it submitting Derrick Lewis at UFC 230. Miocic who has a career as a firefighter has fought since the loss to Cormier, which ended a 6-fight win streak, that saw 5 wins come by knockout.
The co-main event is a welterweight contest, Stockton, California’s Nate Diaz returns from a 3-year hiatus from the cage to take on former WEC & UFC Lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis. Diaz comes in with 16 finishes in his career 11 submissions & 5 knockouts. Pettis move his debut at 170 lbs. back in March knocking out Stephen Thompson with a superman punch.
In the featured fight position is a possible number 1 contender bout at Middleweight, number 2 ranked Yoel Romero, a former Olympic wrestler for Cuba faces unbeaten Brazilian, number 7 ranked Paulo Costa.
- Heavyweight Title: (New champ) Stipe Miocic (19-3) def. Daniel Cornier (22-2) by TKO (punches on feet + punches on ground) 4:09 R4
- Welterweight: Nate Diaz (20-11) def. Anthony Pettis (22-9) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Middleweight: Paulo Costa (13-0) def. Yoel Romero (13-4) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Featherweight: Sodiq Yusuff (10-1) def. Gabriel Benitez (21-7) by TKO (punch + punches on ground) 4:14 R1
- Middleweight: Derek Brunson (20-7) def. Ian Heinisch (13-2) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- Lightweight: Khama Worthy (15-6) def. Devonte Smith (10-2) by TKO (punch+ punches on ground) 4:15 R1
- Bantamweight: Cory Sandhagen (12-1) def. Raphael Assuncao (27-7) by (29-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Lightweight: Drakkar Klose (11-1-1) def. Christos Giagos (17-8) by (29-28 x3) unanimous decision
- 140 lbs. Catchweight: Casey Kenney (13-1-1) def. Manny Bermudez (14-1) by (29-28 x2) unanimous decision
UFC Fight Pass Prelims
- Women’s Strawweight: Hannah Cifers (10-3) def. Jodie Esquibel (6-6) by (30-28, 30-27 x2) unanimous decision
- Bantamweight: Kyung Ho Kang (16-8) def. Brandon Davis (10-6) by (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) split decision
- Women’s Flyweight: Sabino Mazo (7-1) def . Shana Dobson (3-3) by (30-24, 30-25 x2) unanimous decision